Tuesday, March 16, 2010

THE NAME

It started as “the simple things” but after careful thought and consideration (+ a lot of Kenny Chesney research) I settled on “the good stuff”. Anyone that knows me knows I am OBSESSED with Kenny Chesney. His music makes me feel so calm and relaxed as if I am laying on the beach with a margarita in hand watching the sunset. Or maybe at Crab Island floating next to good friends while watching boats exit the Destin Pass hoping to catch that "big one." Or maybe it is me on "Black Gold" with a rod in hand banking on reeling in dinner for the fish fry that night. Or maybe...oh...enough day dreaming, but besides that, I love his lyrics in his song “The Good Stuff”:


"'Cause it's the first long kiss on a second date.
Your Momma's all worried when you get home late
And droppin' the ring in the spaghetti plate,
'Cause your hands are shakin' so much.
And it's the way she looks with the rice in her hair.
Eating burnt suppers the whole first year,
And askin' for seconds to keep her from tearin' up.
Yeah, man, that's The Good Stuff."


"Was the sight of her holdin my baby girl.
The way she adored that string of pearls,
I gave her the day that our youngest boy, Earl,
Married his high school love.
And it's a new t-shirt saying, "I'm a Grandpa!"
Being right there as our time got small,
And holding her hand when the good Lord called her up.
Yeah, man, that's the good stuff."

He said, "When you get home, she'll start to cry.
When she says 'I'm sorry' say 'So am I'
And look into those eyes so deep in love,
And drink it up.
'Cause that's the good stuff.
That's the good stuff."


To me, life is all about living in the present, learning from your mistakes, and enjoying everyday to the fullest. I love little surprises and special acts of kindness – I think that is what makes the world go round. I am very blessed and have so much to be thankful for…especially “the good stuff.” 


KB's good stuff: family, friends, growing in my relationship with the Lord, painting, crafts, traveling, socializing, antiques, fashion, invitations, photography, blogs, and the list goes on and on. Those things inspire and influence me everyday. Please enjoy a few pictures of Brandon and I's "last" (yes, we have been to a few!) Kenny Chesney concert in Pelham at the Oak Mountain Amphitheatre














2 comments:

  1. we love kenny too! As soon as I saw the name, I knew what it was from!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it weird that the lyrics to The Good Stuff just made me tear up!!??!

    ReplyDelete