Tuesday, June 28, 2011

GUEST BATHROOM: inspiration

I stumbled upon this fabulous room color the other day via pinterest and I knew right away it would soon make its way to Melrose's guest bathroom's walls. Currently the bathroom has a high, solid white chair rail with faded mint green walls to the ceiling. Nothing exciting. 


I posted this amazing black bathroom a while back and I love the dark, rich feeling the color conveys, but I just don't think black will do with Melrose's scheme. So, when I saw this deep teal I knew it would be perfect for our bathroom that is overpowered with natural light and white. I now introduce you to Melrose's future friend, Benjamin Moore newburg green. 
Here are some pictures of rooms painted newburg green.


all images via

What do you think? Paired with whites and creams and a pop of color, it really makes a statement in these rooms. With the color only extending about 3' above the chair rail to the ceiling, I think newburg green will be a beautiful, bold color to play off of. The existing tile in the bathroom is a white and pale pink square pattern so I think this rich teal will help neutralize the girl-y pink. 

This is the tile along with the other colors I hope to include in the bathroom (fyi, it is hard to match swatches on the computer so don't judge me too much). 
newburg green, white dove, pale gray, soft emerald green, pale pink (existing tile)

I'll post pictures once the progress begins! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment