Wednesday, May 30, 2012

HANDWRITTEN ART

Melrose has an open, narrow wall before the hallway that is dying for a large piece of art. Ideally, I would love a chest for this space for extra storage, or a bench below a piece of art, but anything with depth would protrude into the doorway. Large pieces or original art can be so pricy, so I have been brainstorming a budget friendly idea for this space. I am really thinking about using my calligraphy and painting a large canvas with a special quote. 


Basically the only expense would be the canvas and paint. And, I actually like a lot of the stark white examples, so I would just need black paint and a thick brush. Here are some inspiration images that have sparked this idea.
nate berkus' home via kristen kerr

I quickly (the messier the better!) sketched out my quote and this is my plan:
"May love and laughter light your days, and warm your heart and home. May good and faithful friends be yours, wherever you may roam. May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures. may all life's passing seasons bring the best to you and yours!"
AN OLD IRISH BLESSING

5 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I think it would look fantastic and it would be personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the quote! can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love handwritten art! The next long weekend I have, I am totally making one of these for my home: http://meohmymama.blogspot.com/2011/04/diy-tutorial-for-wood-stained-painting.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I forgot about her DIY! What a great option to use a wood panel and stain. I may have to reconsider my canvas now! ;)

      Delete