Wednesday, September 19, 2012

GINGHAM LOVE

One trend I know you all have been seeing a lot of lately is the classic pattern of gingham. I think it is a fresh new take on the oh-so-loved striped walls. Whether it is a fabric, wallpaper, or paint - I think it is a great way to spice up a room. In this neutral combination below, Southern Living did a DIY tutorial on how to achieve this look. What do you think?



Gingham doesn't always have to convey "old", "southern", or "preppy" - I think it can be easily used balance contemporary decor and furniture. I love the above example of a bright, modern color paired with the sleek table and antique chairs. Can't hate the oversized gold pendant lighting either!
 via
I love this bedding by Restoration Hardware. I actually convinced my Mom to use the orchid color for updating her guest bedroom (formerly my childhood bedroom). And it's on major sale! Here is the inspiration board I designed for the room using this bedding. I think it his a classic, traditional design with hints of modern. We are doing a little at a time so I'll try to share the end result!
please forgive my "blocky" fireplace mock up

1 comment:

  1. I love the gingham neutral room and the gingham blue. I might just do that to my room with the tulip table.

    ReplyDelete