Tuesday, January 8, 2013

TOO CUTE TEEPEES

Just for kicks, I was looking back at some of my "kid love" pinterest images and I noticed a common thread in a lot of the pictures - teepees. I guess the whimsical nature of these seem so fun to me. And their abstract shape is the perfect statement piece for a play room or nook. How fun would it be to escape from the real world and day dream, read, draw, lose yourself in one of these? It's the perfect hideaway for kids. 






Joanna Goddard from A Cup of Jo constructed her own fun teepee here. The open lace makes it so airy and dreamy! 
I'm sure there are dozens of DIY projects out there, but I also found these two lovely options from Amazon and Land of Nod. If you aren't the crafty type, then these two are too cute to pass up. 

7 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Isn't is fun to have a whole new realm of goodies to look at? I love those vintage book prints too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel like my mind has totally shifted design directions! haha

      Delete
  2. Aren't they just so fun?! UMMM I'm so obsessed I made one for my dog and she loves it. You can see it here if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opps sorry forgot the link!
      http://www.justagirlandherlittledog.com/2012/11/diydoggiefort.html

      Delete
    2. I saw your precious tent on your blog and loved it! So cute!

      Delete
  3. oh my good lord, I need a tent! and i'm 30. who cares? they are awesome. i saw one at Ikea the other day and it was pretty snazzy too!

    ReplyDelete